My blog has moved

You will be automatically redirected to the new address.

If that does not occur, please visit http://umberdove.com/blog;.

Monday, June 16, 2008

Organization and Toes

I played a game tonight called "How much orange can I see." It may have been biased by my lovely new toes but I was amused all the same.


I've learned about how I learn in this past year (yes, thank you Miss CRM) and it has been oh so interesting. While I am not always the MOST organized person alive, and do suffer from the unending chaos of watercolor paper piled over linen piled over show announcements, piled over random bits that might end up in a painting, I have a selective love of extraordinary order. This comes out in silly places like my bookshelves (yep, every book is color coordinated - and has nothing contextually to do with the books next door) and my closet (a perfect rainbow spectrum) and little vignettes that I create around the house (how many times can I make one in turquoise?).

There is just something so satisfying to me when I can line up colors and shapes and sizes. You really should try it.

3 comments:

candacemorris said...

i love the cherry blossom extraction! looks soo great.

also, you have taught me so much about color, my love. thank you for bringing so many visual lessons and whimsy into my life.

BC said...

mmmm, toes! Those are my favorite toes ever.

Vile-ette said...

methinks you have an obsession with your toes! i'm liking the color orange more and more