My blog has moved

You will be automatically redirected to the new address.

If that does not occur, please visit http://umberdove.com/blog;.

Thursday, April 1, 2010

My City: A toast to the past three years

After a long weekend down in California prepping, painting, and scrubbing our new place (imagine the kitchen of a single bachelor who cooked only using a fry-daddy - that's the grease level I spend hours removing) we're back for the last couple days of life in Washington.

It's bittersweet leaving this land that I've loved so fiercely, that I've learned so much from, that has washed my wounds and planted hope in my soul. Seattle, you've been gentle and kind. You've been the life of the party and my melancholy companion. I leave a piece of me here with you, forever, and take a part of you with my, tattooed across my heart. I promise to remember the lessons you've taught me, to keep that faith, to uphold who I've become.

And lastly I promise to visit, and often.
















9 comments:

Michele said...

I remember those sentiments when I left too but the road ahead will bring you even more joy and may the memories be strong and often!

kerin rose said...

what a beautiful love letter!

BC said...

It's been an amazing 3 years. I will always love you Seattle.

Adrienne said...

Thanks for sharing some of your memories...They're beautiful!

candacemorris said...

I love you guys.
Safe travels.

she said...

what a perfect collection of moments that capture the entire spectrum of love, quiet, party, hope, solitude, life. funny to think about the things (and places) i've now known you through. glorious to realize the things (and places) i'm GOING to know you through, redwood. be well, and may california receive you just as gently and kindly (save for the nasty-arse kitchen). xoxo.

emilyclare said...

Such a beautiful reflection of words and photos... I will miss you in it. And it will miss its finest Dove!

MrsLittleJeans said...

I am sure this was not easy....thanks for sharing!

UmberDove said...

Thank you ALL for sharing these with me, for knowing me though them, for loving my city up close and from afar.