My blog has moved

You will be automatically redirected to the new address.

If that does not occur, please visit http://umberdove.com/blog;.

Saturday, November 15, 2008


Chocolate frosting under my nails
Wet sand stuck to my toes
One feather worn behind my ear
Unruly hair tossed in the breeze

The sun and I played hooky today
Leaving November to finish our chores

I read poetry to him 
While he stretched out across the sand
Stories of benevolent gods, aging bikers,
the baths of Istanbul, and one roadkill badger

We vowed not to loose ourselves again
In the flurries of seasons
Swore on a slice of driftwood
That I held tight in my fist

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Those cupcakes look scrum-tidily-umotiouse!

I must say that throughout the day I keep on thinking of the vivid watercolors on you calenders, the nature motif is so appeasing to my own nature, and my-how it is time for a new calendar anyhow...
So, I am going to go and purchase a that little lovely from your shop as soon as I budget the spending money for the month;)

I am really enjoying the photography on your site! What type of camera are you using?

UmberDove said...

Triple Threat Cupcake (from the famed Cupcake Royal) for lunch = super tasty!

As far as my camera, I just have a super basic little Cannon SD750 (point and shoot baby) but I have made friends with Picnik, which is Flickr.com's photo editing tool. It's ridiculously user friendly and so I love it.

UmberDove said...

p.s. YEAH! (I'm so glad you found my blog, Miss LSN!)

The Noisy Plume said...

Wish I could have been here for this...in your ear.
Laughing.
And maybe crying too.

YOU'RE a triple thread cupcake.