My blog has moved

You will be automatically redirected to the new address.

If that does not occur, please visit http://umberdove.com/blog;.

Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Post-Bloggy Break (that I forgot to mention...)

Ciao Bellas e Bellos!

Well I'm afraid you'll just have to forgive me for the unannounced week-off of the interwebs but I've had the best excuse:
The Mme. came to play.

champagne

As you can well imagine, there has been a flurry of chatter, an innumerable number of lattés, more glasses of wine than I have fingers (or desire) to count, incredible conversations on what it is to be an artist, on the condition of human existence (and the beautiful simplicity of capturing moments in photography), the hardship of not owning certain Channel tights or certain Anthropologie arm chairs, the funny squeak that my laugh has developed and scandalous giggles at our shared irreverence.

 Above all, there has been a swelling of my heart to be in the company of one of my favorite women in all the earth.

Plus, we bought matching construction-worker-orange cardigans and teal striped knee-socks.  Because now that we are no longer neighbors separated by a measly 112 feet, we can justify buying the exact same clothes.

year of mornings

bookstore

artists

Coffee, cafes, and Candaces

It's been a break for my head and for my heart, 'cause there is nothing, NOTHING in this world like the balm of a good friend.

And now, off to dine and dip in the Finnish hot tubs (for the second time this week).  Cheerio!

10 comments:

candacemorris said...

excuse me, but it was 114 feet, thank you very much!

FIND ME THOSE CHANEL TIGHTS!

(your pictures are so fucking great)

resolute twig said...

the world seems more right with the two of you together again :)

UmberDove said...

the thing is, it does.

and those tights... OUPH!

kerin rose said...

I wanna see the knee sox!

Lucky ducky soulmates!

emilyclare said...

amen to all this x

Courtney said...

Sounds like an absolutely lovely and essential time! I'm sure your twin cardigans and socks will be perfect reminders of each other when you need them the most.

MrsLittleJeans said...

That Mme is a special one, I can tell! Did you take a twinsie picture?

xoxo

Good Girls Studio said...

Besties are the best :)

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

It's been a break for my head and for my heart, 'cause there is nothing, NOTHING in this world like the balm of a good friend.......I could NOT agree MORE!!!!!

love and light