My blog has moved

You will be automatically redirected to the new address.

If that does not occur, please visit http://umberdove.com/blog;.

Thursday, August 5, 2010

Seven Degrees of Discerning: Be Here and Now

From my newest series, Seven Degrees of Discerning. These pieces are part personal messages that I need to be reminded of daily, part love of totem animals (and recognizing them as stand-ins for self-portraiture) and partly birthed from studying ancient belief systems of connecting our physical bodies with our emotional being.

And so I'm delighted to show you the first in the series, the root, the reminder of Earth, of survival, of stillness, of being present, "Be Here and Now."

:: Be Here and Now ::

BeHere

I press my feet against the earth, plant my heels down in that rich soil.
The future is coming, after all, isn't it always? But as I pull this atmosphere into my lungs and sense the touch of sky upon my skin, what happens tomorrow seems a long way off.
Right this second, ten thousand microscopic creatures are carrying about their lives unseen below my toes. Right now ten tons of water is being released into the air with little more than a whisper by the foliage standing upright. Right now the moon is pulling the tides and the earth is obliging it's heavenly path.
Right now there is no other place I can be, no other place I want to be, no other place I'm supposed to be. So I am.
Here.
Now.
I press my feet against the earth, plant my heels down in that rich soil.

behereandnow

"Be Here and Now"
Oil on Canvas, 8" x 8"
2010
:::::

Prints of "Be Here and Now" will be available in the shop tomorrow morning, Friday the 6th along with a small company of other new-to-etsy prints (WHAHOO!). I'm not planing on placing the original painting in the shop any time too soon HOWEVER if you are interested in owning the Original please feel very free to drop me an email at kclarkstudios[at]gmail.com.

On that note, I'm headed South to the country for a day with my sister, stopping only for lattés, lunch-to-go and anything else two sassy fems may feel like on a Thursday afternoon.

9 comments:

Snailentina said...

I love it, a message we all need to hear as much as possible, so simple and so easy to forget.

Caitlin said...

Beautiful painting and thoughtful post. We are often too self-involved to realize the many things going on around us.

Caitlin

MrsLittleJeans said...

This is the best message yet delivered so beautifully...Enjoy your time with lattes and sisters and everything beautiful!

xoxo

Cat said...

oh goodness, I just wrote a letter to a friend telling her about how my totems have started knocking at my door again. Your painting is perfect. I can't wait to see the others, your spirit is amazing.

she said...

ohhhh my word. i am wordless.







(word verification: perping. what??)

resolute twig said...

its beautiful. :) I cant wait to see the rest of the series.

and have a great time with your sister!

Desiree said...

Oh gosh, this is magnificent!

Shantel S. said...

I'm new to your site and would like to say how wonderful I think it is. This post is a great reminder of the importance and beauty of being still and reflective. Happy weekend!

UmberDove said...

Good Morning!!

As ever, it puts the biggest grin on my face and the lightest skip to my step to read your comments! Thank YOU for taking the time to really SEE my work, for truly thinking about it, and for sharing with me.

SMOOCH!